There are plenty of reasons to have a personal concierge do your grocery shopping for you. It may seem like an added expense you do not want to tack onto your already outrageous grocery bill but the many benefits of having someone else pick up your groceries outweigh the service fee.
1) Frees up time that can be spent on something that is more important to you. The Time Use Institute states that the average person spends 41 minutes in the grocery store. This does not include the time it takes to get to the store,get home and put the groceries away. What could you do with extra time? How much is your time worth?
2) Saves money on your grocery tab by cutting out impulse purchases. Statistics show that on average 20-30% of your purchases will be on impulse. If you are not at the store you will not be tempted to pick up an unneeded item just because it was in a colorful package or looked good because you went to the store hungry.
3) Another time saving tip is to create one master grocery list. On average, 74% of the items you buy will be repeated each week. Of course you will add and subtract items on occasion but having a master list will save you time each week.
4) Keeps you on task for healthy eating and/or dieting. Think about how many items you buy at the store that is not on your diet, because it looks good. If you don’t have it in your refrigerator you will not be tempted to eat it. Your personal concierge will only buy what is on the list.
5) A good personal concierge will also find the best deals to save you time and money. Cutting coupons can save you money but can also end up costing you money. Coupons can trigger impulse buys and buying more than you need.If you have grocery delivery service they will only take the coupons for items on your list.
6) A grocery delivery service can also help busy families and traveling professionals. Wouldn’t it be nice to come home to a refrigerator and pantry stocked to your specifications?
7) If you have an injury or illness utilize a personal concierge to do your grocery shopping until you are back on your feet.